CIAA files chargesheet against top police officials in Nepal
Kathmandu: In a major move against
corruption in Nepal, a governmental body has filed a charge
sheet at a special Court against dozens of top police
officials for their alleged involvement in a scam.
The Commission for Investigation of Abuse of Authority
(CIAA) has inducted three former police chiefs - Ramesh
Chandra Thakuri, Om Bikram Rana and Hem Bahadur Gurung, and
two incumbent AIGs - Arjun Jung Sahi and Madan Bahadur Khadka
among others in the charge sheet.
According to the CIAA, about Nepali Rs 290 million was
embezzled while procuring armoured personal carriers (APCs)
and other logistics for Nepali peace keepers deployed in
Darfur, Sudan nearly four years ago.
The court has sought recovery of Nepali Rs 290 million
from 36 people and slapped fines of the same amount, according
to the spokesperson of the CIAA.
The commission has also indicted Michael Rider,
director of Assured Risks, the firm that supplied the APCs,
and Shambhu Bharati, local agent of the company.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!