CISF men to `escort` Indian High Commission in Islamabad
New Delhi: A batch of about eight CISF
personnel are in Islamabad as "escorts" for the Indian High
Commission after having undergone special training.
Union Home Ministry sources said the CISF had
shortlisted about 20 personnel for being deputed to Islamabad
All the personnel are below the age of 34 and had been
shortlisted after going through extensive screening, the
sources said adding that while eight have already reached
Islamabad, the rest were currently undergoing training.
While officials said the jawans are there for performing
the duty of drivers, sources said they have been trained to
act as real-time commandos in case of any emergency.
The move to deploy CISF men as drivers in Islamabad comes
at a time when there have been security apprehensions in
various Missions in Pakistan including that of India.
Five persons, including an Iraqi national, were killed
and six others injured when a suicide bomber disguised as a
security officer struck at the UN food agency`s office in
Islamabad on Monday even as officials warned of more such
attacks in the coming weeks.
Though security of the High Commission is the Pakistan
government`s responsibility, sources said since the drivers
belong to a paramilitary force, it is natural for them to be
trained in all spheres of work including combat training.
Most foreign missions in Islamabad, including the Indian
High Commission, have imported several bullet-proof cars for
their senior diplomats after a surge in deadly attacks by the
Taliban in the past two years.
CISF commandos currently protect diplomats in the Indian
embassy in Kathmandu while ITBP personnel are deployed to
guard embassy officials in Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly