Clash at Kabul University, one dead
Kabul: Kabul Police say one person is dead in a clash at Kabul University where people were marking the Shi’ite holy day of Ashoura.
General Mohammad Zahir, the director of the criminal investigation division, says police are still trying to assess why the fight that broke out on Saturday afternoon, killing one student and injuring six others.
A news agency’s reporter at the scene says Shi’ite and Sunni students started fighting and by evening, several hundred more people joined the melee throwing stones at each other. The clash apparently was related to Ashoura, which commemorates the 7th century death of the Prophet Muhammad`s grandson.
Abdul Azim Nurbakhsh, a spokesman for the Ministry of Higher Education, says university classes have been postponed for 10 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda