Clinton arrives in Kabul for Karzai inauguration
Kabul: US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has arrived in Afghanistan to attend Thursday`s inauguration of President Hamid Karzai and meet with top U.S. commander Gen. Stanley McChystal.
Karzai is under stiff pressure from the U.S. and other nations to fight pervasive corruption in his government. Clinton — one of more than 40 dignitaries from the U.S., Europe and other countries scheduled to attend the event — has said the U.S. will not provide civilian aid to Afghanistan unless it can be sure the government can be accountable for the funds. For his part, Karzai complains that foreign aid is being wasted before it ever gets to the Afghan people.
Security is being tightened in the capital for the inauguration, which could be a target for militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?