Clinton arrives in Kabul for Karzai inauguration
Kabul: US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has arrived in Afghanistan to attend Thursday`s inauguration of President Hamid Karzai and meet with top U.S. commander Gen. Stanley McChystal.
Karzai is under stiff pressure from the U.S. and other nations to fight pervasive corruption in his government. Clinton — one of more than 40 dignitaries from the U.S., Europe and other countries scheduled to attend the event — has said the U.S. will not provide civilian aid to Afghanistan unless it can be sure the government can be accountable for the funds. For his part, Karzai complains that foreign aid is being wasted before it ever gets to the Afghan people.
Security is being tightened in the capital for the inauguration, which could be a target for militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!