`Clique of self-seekers have sold Pakistan to US`
Islamabad: Pakistan’s nuclear scientist Dr AQ Khan has slammed the “incompetent, corrupt and servile” government on the occasion of the country’s 64th Independence Day, and called for a revolution to get rid of “a clique of traitors and self-seekers” who have “sold us to US and made us slaves once again”.
“Some parties have again declared to celebrate 14th August as Independence Day with great fervour and enthusiasm and are spending crores of rupees for publicity… The way our incompetent, corrupt and servile government and its allies have made their mark, they deserve not only to celebrate the day in a big way, they are free to celebrate the poverty, and miserable state of the people,” The News quoted Khan, as saying in a statement on the eve of the Independence Day.
He said that courtesy whistle-blower website WikiLeaks, everybody knew that President Asif Ali Zardari had been telling the United States that if he had the power, he would hand over Dr AQ Khan to them.
“Fie on the leader of the party of ZA Bhutto who had selected me for making nuclear bomb for Pakistan and who faced the threats of Henry Kissinger and finally went to the gallows with his head high. Today the co-chairman of ZA Bhutto’s party finds himself helpless, otherwise he would have gladly handed me over to Americans. The silence of other parties too is shameful,” said the scientist.
He asked his countrymen to speak on their honour whether they were, in fact, independent, adding that he had seen the birth of Pakistan, and that now he bred over the present situation of the country.
“Ask me what independence means? We have seen Pakistan being made. Cold blooded massacre of millions, rape of countless women, blood-splattered trains carrying terror-stricken Muslims to Pakistan. All this we have seen with our own eyes. I brood over the situation we are in,” Khan said.
“A clique of traitors and self-seekers have sold us to US and made us slaves once again. The only way to come out of this morass is a revolution. It is heartening to note that in response to my call, some youth led by Ali Masud from Bahawalpur have laid the foundation of ‘Pakistan People’s Revolution’. This is a message as well as a party,” he stated.
Khan urged the people of Pakistan to come forward and lend them a hand, saying that he would himself “patronise and fully support the movement”.
“We need revival of the same spirit which brought Pakistan into existence. I appeal you to come forward and join the movement with men and material,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India