Commonwealth Gen Sec welcomes developments in Pak
London: Commonwealth Secretary General
Kamalesh Sharma Tuesday welcomed adoption by Pakistan`s National
Assembly of a resolution affirming the sovereignty of
Parliament and the need for continued adherence to the
constitutional separation of powers.
Reaffirming the Commonwealth`s abiding commitment to
constitutional democracy and the rule of law, Sharma recalled
that the Commonwealth had historically defended and promoted
the democratic rights of the people of Pakistan.
"The Commonwealth`s fundamental values and principles
include respect for constitutional civilian democratic
government, and a commitment to uphold the respective roles
and relationships between the Executive, the Legislature and
the Judiciary," Sharma said.
"We welcome and encourage the commitment of Pakistan and
indeed all 54 member governments to the values and principles
which have made the Commonwealth unique and widely respected,
the Secretary-General said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum