Congress, BJP greet Chinese Communist Party Congress
Beijing: Leaders of India`s ruling Congress Party and main opposition BJP Sunday greeted the 18th Congress of the Communist Party of China which is currently meeting here to select new leaders to rule the country for the next 10 years.
In message, Karan Singh, Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Department of the Congress, said as world`s two most populous countries and neighbours, the good-neighbourly and friendly relations between India and China can make great contribution to world peace and stability.
"We hope the relationship between India and China can advance with the times, and all of the problems between the two countries can be solved in a peaceful and friendly way," state-run news agency Xinhua quoted him as saying.
Vijay Jolly, convener of Overseas Affairs of the BJP, in his message said, "We had noted with appreciation the opening up of your economy, deepening reforms, promoting scientific development, and strengthening social harmony and all-round development in China."
It is appreciable that the CPC has been steering the people of China on a path of prosperity in the economic, political, social and cultural spheres, he said, adding, "Today China enjoys global prestige and a high status in world affairs."
Jolly said he believes the strategic policies formulated by the 18th CPC National Congress will promote strong friendly ties with democratic India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Rains keep mercury near normal in several parts of country
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016 to be declared on May 28; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- UPA govt, LeT worked in tandem in Ishrat Jahan case: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government