Congress, BJP greet Chinese Communist Party Congress
Beijing: Leaders of India`s ruling Congress Party and main opposition BJP Sunday greeted the 18th Congress of the Communist Party of China which is currently meeting here to select new leaders to rule the country for the next 10 years.
In message, Karan Singh, Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Department of the Congress, said as world`s two most populous countries and neighbours, the good-neighbourly and friendly relations between India and China can make great contribution to world peace and stability.
"We hope the relationship between India and China can advance with the times, and all of the problems between the two countries can be solved in a peaceful and friendly way," state-run news agency Xinhua quoted him as saying.
Vijay Jolly, convener of Overseas Affairs of the BJP, in his message said, "We had noted with appreciation the opening up of your economy, deepening reforms, promoting scientific development, and strengthening social harmony and all-round development in China."
It is appreciable that the CPC has been steering the people of China on a path of prosperity in the economic, political, social and cultural spheres, he said, adding, "Today China enjoys global prestige and a high status in world affairs."
Jolly said he believes the strategic policies formulated by the 18th CPC National Congress will promote strong friendly ties with democratic India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16