Conspiracy behind Karachi carnage: Musharraf
Karachi: All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) chief and former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf has said target killings at Karachi were committed under a conspiracy.
Musharraf said Karachi is the backbone of Pakistan`s economy and any loss to the port city proved detrimental to entire industrial and trade activities, reports The News.
"During my tenure, Karachi was a city of lights, great source of economic prosperity, booming all sorts of trade benefiting almost all sectors of life. However, poor governance of present rulers, their ill-conceived policies and inability to surmount challenges has shattered peace in Karachi," Musharraf was quoted, as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday