Conspiracy behind Karachi carnage: Musharraf
Karachi: All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) chief and former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf has said target killings at Karachi were committed under a conspiracy.
Musharraf said Karachi is the backbone of Pakistan`s economy and any loss to the port city proved detrimental to entire industrial and trade activities, reports The News.
"During my tenure, Karachi was a city of lights, great source of economic prosperity, booming all sorts of trade benefiting almost all sectors of life. However, poor governance of present rulers, their ill-conceived policies and inability to surmount challenges has shattered peace in Karachi," Musharraf was quoted, as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday