Contaminated ice-cream sickens 30 Pakistani kids
Islamabad: At least 30 children in Pakistan`s Punjab province fell unconscious and had to be rushed to hospital after they ate ice-cream bought from vendors, a media report said Sunday.
The incident took place Saturday in Dera Masti village in Bahawalpur district, the Dawn reported.
Police said the children were rushed to a nearby basic health unit where 20 of them regained consciousness and the remaining 10, said to be in a serious condition, were shifted to the Bahawal Victoria Hospital.
Police arrested two ice-cream vendors, Anees and Kashif, and sent their stock for chemical tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube