Contractor killed in attack in eastern Afghanistan
Kabul: US military officials say three men wearing Afghan army uniforms and driving an Afghan army vehicle forced their way onto a US base in eastern Afghanistan and opened fire, killing one civilian contractor.
Spokesman Maj Adam Wojack says all three attackers were killed, and Afghan and NATO coalition officials are now investigating. The incident took place today in Tagab district in Kapisa province.
The military will not release the contractor`s nationality until next of kin has been notified.
An Afghan official in Kapisa province says only that there was a clash between Afghan and US forces that resulted in casualties. He spoke anonymously because the investigation is ongoing.
A Taliban spokesman says they did not carry out the attack. Other smaller insurgent groups are also active in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’