Contractor killed in attack in eastern Afghanistan
Kabul: US military officials say three men wearing Afghan army uniforms and driving an Afghan army vehicle forced their way onto a US base in eastern Afghanistan and opened fire, killing one civilian contractor.
Spokesman Maj Adam Wojack says all three attackers were killed, and Afghan and NATO coalition officials are now investigating. The incident took place today in Tagab district in Kapisa province.
The military will not release the contractor`s nationality until next of kin has been notified.
An Afghan official in Kapisa province says only that there was a clash between Afghan and US forces that resulted in casualties. He spoke anonymously because the investigation is ongoing.
A Taliban spokesman says they did not carry out the attack. Other smaller insurgent groups are also active in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA