Contractor killed in attack in eastern Afghanistan
Kabul: US military officials say three men wearing Afghan army uniforms and driving an Afghan army vehicle forced their way onto a US base in eastern Afghanistan and opened fire, killing one civilian contractor.
Spokesman Maj Adam Wojack says all three attackers were killed, and Afghan and NATO coalition officials are now investigating. The incident took place today in Tagab district in Kapisa province.
The military will not release the contractor`s nationality until next of kin has been notified.
An Afghan official in Kapisa province says only that there was a clash between Afghan and US forces that resulted in casualties. He spoke anonymously because the investigation is ongoing.
A Taliban spokesman says they did not carry out the attack. Other smaller insurgent groups are also active in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond