Cop, 3 NC activists injured in Maoist attack
Kathmandu: Three Nepali Congress activists and a police constable sustained injuries when clashes between members of the party and the Maoists-led Young Communist League (YCL) turned violent in Gorkha district.
Policeman was injured when he tried to avert the clash yesterday, according to Nepali Congress sources.
The clash was over forming a school management committee of Dhulav Higher Secondary School in the district, they said.
A group of around 60 YCL members carrying iron rods, chains and sticks attacked the NC cadres.
The injured are identified as Lok Bahadur Rawal, Sundar Gurung and Suraj Gurung. Police constable Anil Kumar Thapa was also injured in the incident.
Six other Nepali Congress cadres who had gone missing after the attack later came into contact, the NC said.
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Parliament today