Cop, 3 NC activists injured in Maoist attack
Kathmandu: Three Nepali Congress activists and a police constable sustained injuries when clashes between members of the party and the Maoists-led Young Communist League (YCL) turned violent in Gorkha district.
Policeman was injured when he tried to avert the clash yesterday, according to Nepali Congress sources.
The clash was over forming a school management committee of Dhulav Higher Secondary School in the district, they said.
A group of around 60 YCL members carrying iron rods, chains and sticks attacked the NC cadres.
The injured are identified as Lok Bahadur Rawal, Sundar Gurung and Suraj Gurung. Police constable Anil Kumar Thapa was also injured in the incident.
Six other Nepali Congress cadres who had gone missing after the attack later came into contact, the NC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi