Cop, 3 NC activists injured in Maoist attack
Kathmandu: Three Nepali Congress activists and a police constable sustained injuries when clashes between members of the party and the Maoists-led Young Communist League (YCL) turned violent in Gorkha district.
Policeman was injured when he tried to avert the clash yesterday, according to Nepali Congress sources.
The clash was over forming a school management committee of Dhulav Higher Secondary School in the district, they said.
A group of around 60 YCL members carrying iron rods, chains and sticks attacked the NC cadres.
The injured are identified as Lok Bahadur Rawal, Sundar Gurung and Suraj Gurung. Police constable Anil Kumar Thapa was also injured in the incident.
Six other Nepali Congress cadres who had gone missing after the attack later came into contact, the NC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing