Cop, 3 NC activists injured in Maoist attack
Kathmandu: Three Nepali Congress activists and a police constable sustained injuries when clashes between members of the party and the Maoists-led Young Communist League (YCL) turned violent in Gorkha district.
Policeman was injured when he tried to avert the clash yesterday, according to Nepali Congress sources.
The clash was over forming a school management committee of Dhulav Higher Secondary School in the district, they said.
A group of around 60 YCL members carrying iron rods, chains and sticks attacked the NC cadres.
The injured are identified as Lok Bahadur Rawal, Sundar Gurung and Suraj Gurung. Police constable Anil Kumar Thapa was also injured in the incident.
Six other Nepali Congress cadres who had gone missing after the attack later came into contact, the NC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter