Cop, 3 NC activists injured in Maoist attack
Kathmandu: Three Nepali Congress activists and a police constable sustained injuries when clashes between members of the party and the Maoists-led Young Communist League (YCL) turned violent in Gorkha district.
Policeman was injured when he tried to avert the clash yesterday, according to Nepali Congress sources.
The clash was over forming a school management committee of Dhulav Higher Secondary School in the district, they said.
A group of around 60 YCL members carrying iron rods, chains and sticks attacked the NC cadres.
The injured are identified as Lok Bahadur Rawal, Sundar Gurung and Suraj Gurung. Police constable Anil Kumar Thapa was also injured in the incident.
Six other Nepali Congress cadres who had gone missing after the attack later came into contact, the NC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS