Cop suspended in Pakistan`s Balochistan province
Islamabad: A senior police officer was on Thursday suspended in Pakistan`s troubled Balochistan province after a clash broke out between armed guards of a lawmaker and policemen at the entrance of the Provincial Assembly.
Chief Minister Malik Baloch suspended Superintendent of Police City Samiullah Soomro in the wake of the clash after policemen stopped the armed guards of Sanaullah Zehri from entering the Assembly building.
According to details, the private armed men are not allowed to enter Assembly premises as per the directives of speaker Balochistan Assembly Jan Muhammad Jamali.
However, Zehri had insisted on taking his guards inside the Assembly premises on grounds of threats to his life.
"Private security guards of the senior minister were entering the Assembly premises in their private vehicles when police stopped them at the gate."
"The policemen on duty objected to the weapons carried by the armed guards following which hot words were exchanged between police and Zehri`s private guards and a clash took place," a police official said.
The Chief Minister said that since Zehri had tribal disputes, his private security guards closely guard him.
Policemen deployed in and outside the Balochistan Assembly staged a protest after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH