CPN-Maoist-backed activists vandalise school
Kathmandu: Cadres of a CPN-Maoist-backed students` union vandalised a school in eastern Nepal on Monday for running classes in defiance of the nationwide strike called by the student body.
A group of students of All Nepal National Independent Students Union (Revolutionary), student wing of CPN-Maoist breakaway faction of ruling UCPN-Maoist, vandalised the Gautam Buddha Higher Secondary School at Biratnagar town.
The ANNISU (R) activists entered the school on false pretext and started vandalising the school property. They also manhandled the school security guard, according to school sources.
The cadres smashed school equipment including computers and phones and fled before police reached the school premises.
Last week, the the Maoist-aligned student group had vandalised a school bus and three vehicles belonging to DAV Sushil Kedia School for including Indian curriculum and sacking two teachers.
Meanwhile, around 7.5 million students of schools and colleges across the nation were affected due to private education shutdown enforced by the CPN-Maoist-aligned student body today.
The school shutdown today was the second consecutive strike called by different organisations.
Educational institutes across the country were shut down yesterday by the private schools body to protest against the Maoists` recent attacks on schools.
However, today ANNISU-R enforced the strike to oppose the one called by the private body yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan