CPN-Maoist-backed activists vandalise school
Kathmandu: Cadres of a CPN-Maoist-backed students` union vandalised a school in eastern Nepal on Monday for running classes in defiance of the nationwide strike called by the student body.
A group of students of All Nepal National Independent Students Union (Revolutionary), student wing of CPN-Maoist breakaway faction of ruling UCPN-Maoist, vandalised the Gautam Buddha Higher Secondary School at Biratnagar town.
The ANNISU (R) activists entered the school on false pretext and started vandalising the school property. They also manhandled the school security guard, according to school sources.
The cadres smashed school equipment including computers and phones and fled before police reached the school premises.
Last week, the the Maoist-aligned student group had vandalised a school bus and three vehicles belonging to DAV Sushil Kedia School for including Indian curriculum and sacking two teachers.
Meanwhile, around 7.5 million students of schools and colleges across the nation were affected due to private education shutdown enforced by the CPN-Maoist-aligned student body today.
The school shutdown today was the second consecutive strike called by different organisations.
Educational institutes across the country were shut down yesterday by the private schools body to protest against the Maoists` recent attacks on schools.
However, today ANNISU-R enforced the strike to oppose the one called by the private body yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon