CPN-Maoists attack school vehicles to protest Indian studies
Kathmandu: Activists of the breakaway CPN-Maoist faction in Nepal vandalised vehicles of a local school allegedly for conducting exams under India`s CBSE system, the second such attack on the institution.
Two activists belonging to the CPN-Maoist-backed teachers and students bodies, smashed windowpanes of two school buses and pelted stones at a private car of the school Principal Bhuvaneshwori Rao, also an Indian citizen, on Sunday morning, the school management told the media here on Monday.
This is the second time since last month that the DAV Sushil Kedia Vishwa Bharati Higher Secondary School in Lalitpur district has been attacked by activists of the CPN-Maoist led by Mohan Vaidya, the breakaway faction of ruling UCPN-Maoist.
They had forcibly shut down the school for including Indian course syllabus and sacking two teachers, last month.
The All Nepal National Free Students Union (Revolutionary) and Nepal Teachers Organisation belonging to the CPN-Maoists have also been agitating against the school management for the past few months after two temporary teachers were sacked by the school.
The attack came even as the school management agreed to reinstate the teachers who were sacked, after a dialogue with the agitators.
The students and teachers groups were also demanding removal of Indian curriculum from the school claiming that it was against the "national interest."
The school is a prominent one in Nepal with enrolment of over 3,200 students.
Some Indian teachers serving in the school have also received threats from the agitating CPN-Maoist activists, the school sources said.
"If Indian curriculum goes against national interest, then why is the government allowing CBSE system to operate in Nepal for the past three decades?" asked Principal Rao.
Last year, CPN-Maoist had imposed a ban on screening of Indian movies and entry of vehicles with Indian number plates into Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant