CPN-UML asks Poudyal to withdraw from PM`s race
Kathmandu: As Nepalese lawmakers failed
to elect Nepali Congress leader Ramchandra Poudyal as Prime
Minister for 12th time, CPN-UML asked him to withdraw
his candidacy to facilitate consensus among parties to end the
CPN-UML President Jhalanath Khanal said Poudyal should
withdraw from the race to facilitate consensus.
"A new process has to be initiated now either by
withdrawing candidacy by the sole candidate for the Prime
Minister or by breaking the current policy of staying
neutral," he said.
He aslo asked political parties to concentrate on
concluding the Peace Process, he said if the Constitution is
not promulgated within the stipulated time frame it would
invite a "bigger catastrophe".
He also asked political parties to defeat the
royalists as they were still active though the monarchy has
been abolished in the country, two years back. A fight between
pro-monarchists and republican forces is still going on, he
Meanwhile, Parliament Speaker Subhash Nemwang asked
political parties to unite for completion of constitution
making and the peace process.
The country could not get Prime Ministe even in the
12th round of election due to lack of consensus among
political parties, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj