Crash, attack kill 3 NATO troops in Afghanistan
Kabul: A helicopter crash killed two NATO service members in eastern Afghanistan on Monday, while a third died in an insurgent attack in the south, the US-led coalition said.
Authorities are investigating the cause of the crash, but initial reports indicate there was no enemy activity in the area at the time the helicopter went down, the coalition said.
No further details about the crash in the east or the insurgent attack in the south were released. The deaths raised the number of NATO troops who have been killed in Afghanistan this year to 172.
Also today, a second coalition aircraft crashed in eastern Afghanistan, but no fatalities were reported. The coalition said this incident was not related to the helicopter crash that also occurred in the east.
Officials are trying to determine why the aircraft went down, but initial reports indicate there was no enemy activity in the area.
There were no reports of civilians being harmed or property damaged during the incident. The coalition transported the aircraft`s crew and passengers to a nearby base for evaluation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living