‘Credible’ intelligence about Hakimullah’s death: Malik
Islamabad: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that he has a ‘credible’ intelligence report that the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) chief Hakeemullah Mehsud is dead.
Malik, however, said he could not confirm Hakimullah’s death, as he has not seen the extremist commander’s dead body.
“I cannot confirm Mehsud’s death, but if he is alive then he must appear on television,” The Daily Times quoted Malik, as saying.
Hakimullah replaced Taliban warlord Baitullah Mehsud, who was killed in a US drone strike in August last year.
Hakimullah had released an audiotape confirming he was alive, just two days after media reported that he has died of injuries sustained during a US drone strike in North Waziristan on January 14.
Last month, another rumour surfaced that Maulvi Noor Jamal, a local Taliban commander in the restive Orakzai tribal agency, had replaced Hakimullah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’