Cultural programmes organised to strengthen Indo-Nepal ties
Kathmandu: A number of cultural events, including dialogues, discourses, film screening and poetry recitation, are being organised by the Indian Embassy here as part of its effort to strengthen ties with Nepal.
The second episode of `Poemandnu`, a poetry recitation programme, was organised today at `Nepal-India Culture Centre and Library` situated at Newroad here as part of the series of events.
More than two dozen journalists recited their poems in the poetry recitation programme organised in association with B P Koirala India-Nepal Foundation.
Abhaya Kumar, First Secretary Press and Culture, Indian Embassy, said that such programmes including screening of Nepali cinema and `Poemandu` will be conducted in the coming months to strengthen cultural ties between the two countries.
"Such programmes being organised by Indian Embassy on regular basis will not only help strengthen people-to-people ties between the two countries but will also promote literature, language, culture and art of Nepal and India," Jayanta Prasad, the Indian Ambassador to Nepal, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video