Currency fraud: Chinese suspects arrested in SL
Colombo: Sri Lankan police has arrested as many as 100 Chinese nationals, 26 of them women, for their alleged roles in currency fraud.
The arrests came in a series of raids following a visit to Colombo by a team of Chinese officials.
The 74 men and 26 women were nabbed from Colombo and immediate suburbs yesterday, police spokesman Prishantha Jayakodi said.
"They have got people in China to transfer money to their (those arrested) accounts in Sri Lanka," Jayakodi said.
Figures of the money transferred so far were not immediately available.
The arrested persons are set to be produced in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player