Currency fraud: Chinese suspects arrested in SL
Colombo: Sri Lankan police has arrested as many as 100 Chinese nationals, 26 of them women, for their alleged roles in currency fraud.
The arrests came in a series of raids following a visit to Colombo by a team of Chinese officials.
The 74 men and 26 women were nabbed from Colombo and immediate suburbs yesterday, police spokesman Prishantha Jayakodi said.
"They have got people in China to transfer money to their (those arrested) accounts in Sri Lanka," Jayakodi said.
Figures of the money transferred so far were not immediately available.
The arrested persons are set to be produced in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan