Currency fraud: Chinese suspects arrested in SL
Colombo: Sri Lankan police has arrested as many as 100 Chinese nationals, 26 of them women, for their alleged roles in currency fraud.
The arrests came in a series of raids following a visit to Colombo by a team of Chinese officials.
The 74 men and 26 women were nabbed from Colombo and immediate suburbs yesterday, police spokesman Prishantha Jayakodi said.
"They have got people in China to transfer money to their (those arrested) accounts in Sri Lanka," Jayakodi said.
Figures of the money transferred so far were not immediately available.
The arrested persons are set to be produced in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?