C’wealth Min Action Group meets Maldives President
Male: A Commonwealth ministerial mission,
which is to probe into the ousting of Mohammed Nasheed,
on Saturday met Maldives` new President Mohamed Waheed Hussain and
discussed the events that led to the political unrest in the
The meeting was held this morning at the President`s
Office. Discussions at the meeting focused on the measures
being taken to resolve the current political situation, the
president`s office said in a statement.
The President assured the group full support and
cooperation in carrying out their investigations.
The team from the Commonwealth Ministerial Action Group,
the 54-nation organisation`s democracy watchdog, arrived here
yesterday to investigate former president Nasheed`s exit.
Waheed hoped that the action group would will make good
and fair report, Sunfmlive online`s Dhivehi version reported.
Waheed told them that the government was fully committed
to resolve the issues, within the limits of the Constitution
Waheed gave them details about how he has planned to
built a national unity government and a roadmap for national
The action group then met with the speaker of the Majlis
(Parliament) and discussed the ongoing political situation in
Surujrattan Rambachan, foreign affairs minister of
Trinidad and Tobago, is leading the team.
While doing their probe, the action group will be
assisted by a Secretariat team from Commonwealth headed by
Director of Political Affairs, Amitav Bannerjie.
The group also met President ousted president Nasheed and
other Leaders of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal