C’wealth Min Action Group meets Maldives President
Male: A Commonwealth ministerial mission,
which is to probe into the ousting of Mohammed Nasheed,
on Saturday met Maldives` new President Mohamed Waheed Hussain and
discussed the events that led to the political unrest in the
The meeting was held this morning at the President`s
Office. Discussions at the meeting focused on the measures
being taken to resolve the current political situation, the
president`s office said in a statement.
The President assured the group full support and
cooperation in carrying out their investigations.
The team from the Commonwealth Ministerial Action Group,
the 54-nation organisation`s democracy watchdog, arrived here
yesterday to investigate former president Nasheed`s exit.
Waheed hoped that the action group would will make good
and fair report, Sunfmlive online`s Dhivehi version reported.
Waheed told them that the government was fully committed
to resolve the issues, within the limits of the Constitution
Waheed gave them details about how he has planned to
built a national unity government and a roadmap for national
The action group then met with the speaker of the Majlis
(Parliament) and discussed the ongoing political situation in
Surujrattan Rambachan, foreign affairs minister of
Trinidad and Tobago, is leading the team.
While doing their probe, the action group will be
assisted by a Secretariat team from Commonwealth headed by
Director of Political Affairs, Amitav Bannerjie.
The group also met President ousted president Nasheed and
other Leaders of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot