Davis` release a national tragedy: PML-N
Islamabad: The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has said the release of CIA security contractor Raymond Davis was a "national tragedy".
"The bargaining conducted by the federal government will be remembered as national tragedy in the country`s history," the PML-N Leader of Opposition, Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan was quoted as saying by The News International.
Davis, 36, shot dead two Pakistanis on a motorcycle in Lahore on January 27 in what he described as an attempted armed robbery. He claimed he acted in self-defence.
A court in Lahore on Wednesday acquitted Davis after he reportedly paid compensation to the kin of the dead.
"They (the government) have sold the dignity of the nation only to save a foreign national," Khan said.
Khan asked those who took "such a big decision" to show moral courage and accept their responsibility before the nation.
He said the days of the rulers, who have no sincerity in national interest, were numbered, and that the PML-N would launch a protest in Parliament against Davis` release.
"They have put national interest at stake," he said.
A US Air Force plane carrying 12 men, reportedly including Davis, Wednesday took off from Lahore airport for Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Borussia Dortmund deny reports of Manchester City's EUR 70 million bid for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- More than 37,000 flee South Sudan for Uganda: UN
- World to end in a global apocalypse this Friday on July 29?
- First Haj flight from Uttar Pradesh to take off on August 10