Davis` release a national tragedy: PML-N
Islamabad: The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has said the release of CIA security contractor Raymond Davis was a "national tragedy".
"The bargaining conducted by the federal government will be remembered as national tragedy in the country`s history," the PML-N Leader of Opposition, Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan was quoted as saying by The News International.
Davis, 36, shot dead two Pakistanis on a motorcycle in Lahore on January 27 in what he described as an attempted armed robbery. He claimed he acted in self-defence.
A court in Lahore on Wednesday acquitted Davis after he reportedly paid compensation to the kin of the dead.
"They (the government) have sold the dignity of the nation only to save a foreign national," Khan said.
Khan asked those who took "such a big decision" to show moral courage and accept their responsibility before the nation.
He said the days of the rulers, who have no sincerity in national interest, were numbered, and that the PML-N would launch a protest in Parliament against Davis` release.
"They have put national interest at stake," he said.
A US Air Force plane carrying 12 men, reportedly including Davis, Wednesday took off from Lahore airport for Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer