Davis` release has shamed Pakistan: Imran Khan
Islamabad: The release of CIA security contractor Raymond Davis, who killed two men in Lahore, has shamed Pakistan, cricekter-turned-politician Imran Khan has said.
The ruling Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) had a "tacit understanding" on his release, and that is why Davis was finally let off, Khan said.
"This act of the rulers has (shamed Pakistan)," Geo News TV quoted Khan as saying.
Davis, 36, shot dead two Pakistanis on a motorcycle in Lahore Jan 27 after alleging they were trying to rob him. He said he acted in self-defence.
A court in Lahore acquitted him after he reportedly paid "blood money" to the kin of the dead.
Imran Khan said the drone strikes by the CIA on the country`s northwest bordering Afghanistan, leading to the deaths of many innocent people, were happening because the government was not interested in stopping them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!