Davis` release has shamed Pakistan: Imran Khan
Islamabad: The release of CIA security contractor Raymond Davis, who killed two men in Lahore, has shamed Pakistan, cricekter-turned-politician Imran Khan has said.
The ruling Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) had a "tacit understanding" on his release, and that is why Davis was finally let off, Khan said.
"This act of the rulers has (shamed Pakistan)," Geo News TV quoted Khan as saying.
Davis, 36, shot dead two Pakistanis on a motorcycle in Lahore Jan 27 after alleging they were trying to rob him. He said he acted in self-defence.
A court in Lahore acquitted him after he reportedly paid "blood money" to the kin of the dead.
Imran Khan said the drone strikes by the CIA on the country`s northwest bordering Afghanistan, leading to the deaths of many innocent people, were happening because the government was not interested in stopping them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan