Dawood Ibrahim not in Pakistan: Sartaj Aziz
New York: India`s most wanted fugitive Dawood Ibrahim is not in Pakistan, a top Pakistani official has said.
"There have been lots of talk and discussion on this (extradition of Dawood to India). He is not in Pakistan," Advisor to the Pakistani Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs and National Security Sartaj Aziz told reporters here.
Speaking on the sidelines of the SAARC Foreign Ministers meeting, he said if India gives information about Dawood`s whereabouts, Pakistan will "try" and see what can be done.
Dawood, who heads a vast and multifaceted illegal business, emerged as India`s most wanted terrorist after the 1993 Mumbai bombings, which he allegedly organised and financed.
According to the US, Dawood maintains close links with terror outfit al Qaeda. As a result, the US declared him a "global terrorist" and pursued the matter before the United Nations in an attempt to freeze his assets around the world and crack down on his operations.
Dawood is believed to be living in Pakistan.
On terrorism, Aziz said it is a "common problem" and India and Pakistan would have to "discuss it together and sort it together."
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid was also present at the meeting. He and Aziz exchanged pleasantries and shook hands before the meeting commenced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16
- Rupee rebounds 6 paise to 67.05 vs USD
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Thisara Perera penalised, Mitchell Starc reprimanded for ICC code of conduct breaches
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'