Dawood’s aide Shakeel traced to Pak’s FATA: Report
New Delhi: Intelligence agencies monitoring the movement of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim in the aftermath of an attack on his brother, Iqbal Kaskar, have finally managed to trace the location of one of his close aides, Chhota Shakeel.
According to a report published in a leading daily, the intelligence agencies, on the basis of several calls made by Shakeel, have traced his location to the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) of Pakistan.
After the attack on Dawood’s brother in Mumbai, Shakeel made several calls to his henchmen in Pakmodia Street and Nagpada, seeking details about the firing on Iqbal Kaskar.
Chhota Shakeel made the calls through VoIP phones and closely monitored every development through the night and, as the intelligence agencies believe, later passed on the information to his boss Dawood.
The Intelligence Bureau (IB), which intercepted the calls, concluded that both Dawood and Shakeel are living at different places. The intelligence agencies also feel that Dawood must have ordered Shakeel to collect full information about the attack on his brother, since he did not made any calls himself.
Shakeel, as per report, suspected that the firing was the handiwork of gangster Ravi Pujari and told his henchmen in Pakmodia Street that it was in retaliation to the killing of two of Pujari’s aides by Dawood’s shooters in Nepal last year.
However, Shakeel did not mention in any of his conversations that the firing might have been the handiwork of rival don Chhota Rajan.
The fresh input about Dawood and his close aides comes days after it was reported that the fugitive don has fled Karachi and was holed up somewhere in Jeddah shortly after the CIA’s Abbottabad operation in which al Qaeda founder Osama bin Laden was killed.
In a bid to trace his location, the IB had decided to send a panic signal to the second-most wanted terrorist by killing his brother’s bodyguard. The IB anticipated that the fugitive don would call his close aides or even his brother as soon as he hears about the attack on Kaskar.
The ploy worked and the intelligence agencies managed to intercept calls made by Chhota Shakeel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan