Death toll from Karachi building collapse at 33
Karachi: A rescue official says four more
bodies have been pulled from the rubble of a collapsed
building in the southern Pakistani city of Karachi, raising
the death toll to 33.
Chief Fire Officer Ehtisham Uddin said today that 20
women were among those killed when the five-story building
collapsed Thursday in the city`s Musa Lane residential area.
Rescue workers were still searching for one more person
believed trapped under the rubble.
Karachi is Pakistan`s most populous city, with 18 million
residents. It has many old and poorly maintained buildings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today