Death toll from Karachi building collapse at 33
Karachi: A rescue official says four more
bodies have been pulled from the rubble of a collapsed
building in the southern Pakistani city of Karachi, raising
the death toll to 33.
Chief Fire Officer Ehtisham Uddin said today that 20
women were among those killed when the five-story building
collapsed Thursday in the city`s Musa Lane residential area.
Rescue workers were still searching for one more person
believed trapped under the rubble.
Karachi is Pakistan`s most populous city, with 18 million
residents. It has many old and poorly maintained buildings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back
- Lodha panel report: CAB cancels AGM after SC's verdict
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote