Death toll from Karachi building collapse at 33
Karachi: A rescue official says four more
bodies have been pulled from the rubble of a collapsed
building in the southern Pakistani city of Karachi, raising
the death toll to 33.
Chief Fire Officer Ehtisham Uddin said today that 20
women were among those killed when the five-story building
collapsed Thursday in the city`s Musa Lane residential area.
Rescue workers were still searching for one more person
believed trapped under the rubble.
Karachi is Pakistan`s most populous city, with 18 million
residents. It has many old and poorly maintained buildings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations