Death toll from Karachi building collapse at 33
Karachi: A rescue official says four more
bodies have been pulled from the rubble of a collapsed
building in the southern Pakistani city of Karachi, raising
the death toll to 33.
Chief Fire Officer Ehtisham Uddin said today that 20
women were among those killed when the five-story building
collapsed Thursday in the city`s Musa Lane residential area.
Rescue workers were still searching for one more person
believed trapped under the rubble.
Karachi is Pakistan`s most populous city, with 18 million
residents. It has many old and poorly maintained buildings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire