Democracy only option for country: Pak Chief Justice
Islamabad: The Chief Justice of Pakistan has said that there is no place for any other system in the country other than democracy.
Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry said Pakistan would have to strengthen democracy and the democratic institutions, reports the Daily Times.
With the elections due in a few months, President Asif Ali Zardari hopes his administration will be the first civilian government to complete its term in 65 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore