Depoliticise state institutions: Imran Khan
Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan has expressed the need for good governance by depoliticisation of state institutions, bureaucracy and the police.
Khan said this while talking to British Foreign Secretary William Hague, reports The Dawn.
Khan also declared his support for devolution- giving power to people at the grassroots level.
He also reiterated his party`s opposition to aid that is given for fiscal budgetary support and aid given directly to social/educational projects. He appreciated DFID aid, especially in the education sector, where he thinks an emergency should be declared.
Khan explained how if governance was re-established, Pakistan would progress with an enabling environment to encourage the civil society and Pakistanis living overseas.
Discussing the war on terror, Khan said it was time to give peace a chance through dialogue with the tribal people.
Hague said there was recognition that there has to be reconciliation in Afghanistan, even amongst the Americans. But, he added "there are some elements like al Qaeda who are not reconcilable”.
Khan also explained why an apology for the Salala incident, where 24 Pakistani soldiers were killed by a US air raid, was critical and concluded by saying that the present US policy of drones was absurd and senseless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read