Developing 8 leaders meet in Islamabad
Islamabad: Leaders of eight developing countries with large Muslim populations are meeting here for a three-day conference to discuss issues of mutual concern.
The Developing Eight, or D-8, is an economic development alliance and comprises Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Nigeria, Turkey and Pakistan.
The Israeli air raids on Gaza militants will also feature in the talks, which began Wednesday, the Dawn reported.
President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf will also participate.
Zardari was expected to hold a one-to-one meeting with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and host a dinner in his honour Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof