Developing 8 leaders meet in Islamabad
Islamabad: Leaders of eight developing countries with large Muslim populations are meeting here for a three-day conference to discuss issues of mutual concern.
The Developing Eight, or D-8, is an economic development alliance and comprises Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Nigeria, Turkey and Pakistan.
The Israeli air raids on Gaza militants will also feature in the talks, which began Wednesday, the Dawn reported.
President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf will also participate.
Zardari was expected to hold a one-to-one meeting with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and host a dinner in his honour Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city