Dhaka-Delhi ties stronger than ever: Ghulam Nabi Azad
Dhaka: Contending that India`s ties with Bangladesh were stronger than ever before, Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said there was huge scope for cooperation in the health sector, as he called on Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina here Saturday.
The Minister for Health and Family Welfare is in Bangladesh to attend an international conference on population and development.
"Relations between Bangladesh and India are now stronger than any time in the past," Azad said during the meeting at the prime minister`s official residence, according to prime minister`s press secretary Abul Kalam Azad.
The press secretary told PTI that Azad said there was huge scope for expanding cooperation between the two neighbouring countries in the health sector and lauded Hasina`s daughter Saima Wazed`s initiatives to create awareness in the country about autism as an autism expert.
During the meeting, the premier recalled the contributions of India to Bangladesh`s Liberation War in 1971.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon