Dhaka-Delhi ties stronger than ever: Ghulam Nabi Azad
Dhaka: Contending that India`s ties with Bangladesh were stronger than ever before, Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said there was huge scope for cooperation in the health sector, as he called on Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina here Saturday.
The Minister for Health and Family Welfare is in Bangladesh to attend an international conference on population and development.
"Relations between Bangladesh and India are now stronger than any time in the past," Azad said during the meeting at the prime minister`s official residence, according to prime minister`s press secretary Abul Kalam Azad.
The press secretary told PTI that Azad said there was huge scope for expanding cooperation between the two neighbouring countries in the health sector and lauded Hasina`s daughter Saima Wazed`s initiatives to create awareness in the country about autism as an autism expert.
During the meeting, the premier recalled the contributions of India to Bangladesh`s Liberation War in 1971.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C
- Euro 2016: Spain veteran Iker Casillas hints at retirement after team's defeat against Italy
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS