Dhaka-Delhi ties stronger than ever: Ghulam Nabi Azad
Dhaka: Contending that India`s ties with Bangladesh were stronger than ever before, Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said there was huge scope for cooperation in the health sector, as he called on Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina here Saturday.
The Minister for Health and Family Welfare is in Bangladesh to attend an international conference on population and development.
"Relations between Bangladesh and India are now stronger than any time in the past," Azad said during the meeting at the prime minister`s official residence, according to prime minister`s press secretary Abul Kalam Azad.
The press secretary told PTI that Azad said there was huge scope for expanding cooperation between the two neighbouring countries in the health sector and lauded Hasina`s daughter Saima Wazed`s initiatives to create awareness in the country about autism as an autism expert.
During the meeting, the premier recalled the contributions of India to Bangladesh`s Liberation War in 1971.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state