Dhaka woman survives 16 days under rubble
Zee Media Bureau
Dhaka: Seventeen days after the collapse of a garment factory building outside the Bangladeshi capital sent jitters across the country, the rescuers on Friday found a woman alive underneath the remains of the eight-storey Rana Plaza.
The death toll from the garment factory building collapse soared past 1,000 on Friday.
The woman, named Reshma, was trapped in the basement of the building, the Daily Star newspaper said.
According to reports, she did not have significant injuries and had been given food and water by rescuers.
Officials said 1,034 bodies have been recovered from the rubble of the fallen factory building as of Friday morning. There was no sign of where the toll might finally settle as more bodies were being found, but it is already the world`s deadliest garment industry disaster and one of the worst industrial accidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH