Dhaka woman survives 16 days under rubble
Zee Media Bureau
Dhaka: Seventeen days after the collapse of a garment factory building outside the Bangladeshi capital sent jitters across the country, the rescuers on Friday found a woman alive underneath the remains of the eight-storey Rana Plaza.
The death toll from the garment factory building collapse soared past 1,000 on Friday.
The woman, named Reshma, was trapped in the basement of the building, the Daily Star newspaper said.
According to reports, she did not have significant injuries and had been given food and water by rescuers.
Officials said 1,034 bodies have been recovered from the rubble of the fallen factory building as of Friday morning. There was no sign of where the toll might finally settle as more bodies were being found, but it is already the world`s deadliest garment industry disaster and one of the worst industrial accidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed