Dhaka woman survives 16 days under rubble
Zee Media Bureau
Dhaka: Seventeen days after the collapse of a garment factory building outside the Bangladeshi capital sent jitters across the country, the rescuers on Friday found a woman alive underneath the remains of the eight-storey Rana Plaza.
The death toll from the garment factory building collapse soared past 1,000 on Friday.
The woman, named Reshma, was trapped in the basement of the building, the Daily Star newspaper said.
According to reports, she did not have significant injuries and had been given food and water by rescuers.
Officials said 1,034 bodies have been recovered from the rubble of the fallen factory building as of Friday morning. There was no sign of where the toll might finally settle as more bodies were being found, but it is already the world`s deadliest garment industry disaster and one of the worst industrial accidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming