Dhaka woman survives 16 days under rubble
Zee Media Bureau
Dhaka: Seventeen days after the collapse of a garment factory building outside the Bangladeshi capital sent jitters across the country, the rescuers on Friday found a woman alive underneath the remains of the eight-storey Rana Plaza.
The death toll from the garment factory building collapse soared past 1,000 on Friday.
The woman, named Reshma, was trapped in the basement of the building, the Daily Star newspaper said.
According to reports, she did not have significant injuries and had been given food and water by rescuers.
Officials said 1,034 bodies have been recovered from the rubble of the fallen factory building as of Friday morning. There was no sign of where the toll might finally settle as more bodies were being found, but it is already the world`s deadliest garment industry disaster and one of the worst industrial accidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai