Dhaka woman survives 16 days under rubble
Zee Media Bureau
Dhaka: Seventeen days after the collapse of a garment factory building outside the Bangladeshi capital sent jitters across the country, the rescuers on Friday found a woman alive underneath the remains of the eight-storey Rana Plaza.
The death toll from the garment factory building collapse soared past 1,000 on Friday.
The woman, named Reshma, was trapped in the basement of the building, the Daily Star newspaper said.
According to reports, she did not have significant injuries and had been given food and water by rescuers.
Officials said 1,034 bodies have been recovered from the rubble of the fallen factory building as of Friday morning. There was no sign of where the toll might finally settle as more bodies were being found, but it is already the world`s deadliest garment industry disaster and one of the worst industrial accidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'