Dialogue with India will make progress: Pakistan
New Delhi: Ahead of the Indo-Pak Home Secretary talks, Pakistan High Commissioner Shahid Malik on Friday hoped that dialogue between the two countries on all issues, including Siachen and Sir Creek, will make progress.
"The talks are on. And it is going to take place again. I don`t say there are problems. We are hopeful that talks will progress on all issues," he told reporters outside Parliament House.
He was asked to comment on `differences` between the two countries on Siachen and Sir Creek despite positive indications earlier.
Malik was in Parliament House to call on Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj ahead of completion of his tenure in Delhi.
To a poser on police publishing photographs of terrorists, who later turned out to be Pakistani traders and its possible impact on Home Secretary level talks, he said it will have no impact.
"Pakistan is awaiting Home Secretary level talks. These are important talks. I don`t think it will have any impact on the talks," he said.
Commenting on his experience in India, he said he had a good experience. "Relations have reached a level that I am leaving as a satisfied High Commissioner from here. As you are aware, the relations have improved between the two countries in every field," he said.
On cricketing ties between the two nations, he said recently, one of Pakistan`s T20 team has been invited for Champions` League...I hope that once a beginning is made, bilateral series (could begin). The cricket boards are discussing (the issue).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!