Dialogue with India will make progress: Pakistan
New Delhi: Ahead of the Indo-Pak Home Secretary talks, Pakistan High Commissioner Shahid Malik on Friday hoped that dialogue between the two countries on all issues, including Siachen and Sir Creek, will make progress.
"The talks are on. And it is going to take place again. I don`t say there are problems. We are hopeful that talks will progress on all issues," he told reporters outside Parliament House.
He was asked to comment on `differences` between the two countries on Siachen and Sir Creek despite positive indications earlier.
Malik was in Parliament House to call on Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj ahead of completion of his tenure in Delhi.
To a poser on police publishing photographs of terrorists, who later turned out to be Pakistani traders and its possible impact on Home Secretary level talks, he said it will have no impact.
"Pakistan is awaiting Home Secretary level talks. These are important talks. I don`t think it will have any impact on the talks," he said.
Commenting on his experience in India, he said he had a good experience. "Relations have reached a level that I am leaving as a satisfied High Commissioner from here. As you are aware, the relations have improved between the two countries in every field," he said.
On cricketing ties between the two nations, he said recently, one of Pakistan`s T20 team has been invited for Champions` League...I hope that once a beginning is made, bilateral series (could begin). The cricket boards are discussing (the issue).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video