Dishonour killing in Pakistan: Three shot dead
Islamabad: Two men and a woman have been shot dead in two incidents of "honour killing" in Pakistan, a media report said Sunday.
Zeenat Khan and her father-in-law Wali Mohammad were shot dead by the woman`s brother, Javed Khan, with the help of his uncle when the victims were sleeping in their home in Nowshera, police told Dawn.
Zeenat had married Amjad Khan in a court two years ago. Amjad filed a police complaint against Javed Khan and his uncle for murdering his wife and father.
Meanwhile, police found the body of an Afghan man in Dagi Khel area of Nowshera.
The unidentified Afghan was accused of forcibly taking Shabeena Naz, daughter of Abdul Rasheed, to Afghanistan.
The man was probably killed by the woman`s brothers, who were now absconding, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know