Dishonour killing in Pakistan: Three shot dead
Islamabad: Two men and a woman have been shot dead in two incidents of "honour killing" in Pakistan, a media report said Sunday.
Zeenat Khan and her father-in-law Wali Mohammad were shot dead by the woman`s brother, Javed Khan, with the help of his uncle when the victims were sleeping in their home in Nowshera, police told Dawn.
Zeenat had married Amjad Khan in a court two years ago. Amjad filed a police complaint against Javed Khan and his uncle for murdering his wife and father.
Meanwhile, police found the body of an Afghan man in Dagi Khel area of Nowshera.
The unidentified Afghan was accused of forcibly taking Shabeena Naz, daughter of Abdul Rasheed, to Afghanistan.
The man was probably killed by the woman`s brothers, who were now absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today