Dishonour killing: Lovers shot dead in Pakistan
Islamabad: A man in Pakistan`s Sindh province shot dead his unmarried niece and a young man, who were apparently lovers, and described it as "dishonour killing".
Khuda Bakhsh Chandio first shot dead Roshan Ali Chandio, 28, in Sharifani village Saturday. He then fatally shot his 18-year-old niece Marvi who was busy in household work.
Chandio has been arrested and the gun seized from him, Dawn reported Sunday. The arrested man described the double murder as "dishonour killing".
Karo-kari, or `dishonour killing`, is a tradition whereby a man can kill a woman, claiming that she brought dishonour to the family, and still expect to be pardoned by her relatives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi