Dishonour killing: Lovers shot dead in Pakistan
Islamabad: A man in Pakistan`s Sindh province shot dead his unmarried niece and a young man, who were apparently lovers, and described it as "dishonour killing".
Khuda Bakhsh Chandio first shot dead Roshan Ali Chandio, 28, in Sharifani village Saturday. He then fatally shot his 18-year-old niece Marvi who was busy in household work.
Chandio has been arrested and the gun seized from him, Dawn reported Sunday. The arrested man described the double murder as "dishonour killing".
Karo-kari, or `dishonour killing`, is a tradition whereby a man can kill a woman, claiming that she brought dishonour to the family, and still expect to be pardoned by her relatives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical