DMK an evil force, conniving with UPA: Jaya
Chennai: Dubbing Opposition DMK as an "evil force", AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa today accused it of `conniving` with ally Congress and the UPA government to create hurdles in Tamil Nadu`s progress.
The Chief Minister also reminded AIADMK cadres to strive toward securing all 40 Lok Sabha seats in the state to ensure that the party, under her leadership, has a `decisive say` in national level politics.
"For people of Tamil Nadu to get their due rights, for the state to fulfil its just demands and for AIADMK to have a decisive say in formation of the Central government, partymen should work to secure all 40 seats(39 in Tamil Nadu and one in Puducherry)," Jaya said, addressing the party members on 96th birth anniversary of AIADMK founder M G Ramachandran, popularly known as `MGR`.
Eyeing a greater national role, AIADMK supremo had earlier on several occasions asked her partymen to work toward bagging all 40 Lok Sabha seats in Tamil Nadu. She had also announced that her party would go it alone in the next general elections, virtually sounding the poll bugle.
Terming DMK as an "evil force", Jayalalithaa accused the party of influencing the UPA coalition to bring a bad name to her government in the state and slammed both Congress and BJP in Karnataka for denying Cauvery waters to Tamil Nadu.
"It is using its alliance clout to insult me. It instructs the minority Congress-led UPA government to deny Tamil Nadu power and kerosene besides asking it not to notify the Cauvery water tribunal`s final award. And the Central government is also nodding its head," she alleged.
The Chief Minister said she was not new to such `antics` of DMK and vowed to get over them with the support of party workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon