Doctor killed in bombing targeting Afghan governor
Kabul: Officials say a suicide bomber has targeted a provincial governor`s convoy near a hospital in southern Afghanistan.
They say the governor, Mohammad Ashraf Nasery, escaped yesterday`s attack in Zabul province. But a doctor has been killed and three bodyguards were wounded.
Provincial police chief Gen. Ghulam Sakhi Rooghlawanay says a suicide bomber on foot detonated his explosives as the governor was on his way to visit the hospital.
Taliban and other insurgents have stepped up attacks targeting Afghan officials in a bid to undermine confidence in President Hamid Karzai`s government as US and other foreign combat forces prepare to withdraw by the end of 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees