Doctor killed in bombing targeting Afghan governor
Kabul: Officials say a suicide bomber has targeted a provincial governor`s convoy near a hospital in southern Afghanistan.
They say the governor, Mohammad Ashraf Nasery, escaped yesterday`s attack in Zabul province. But a doctor has been killed and three bodyguards were wounded.
Provincial police chief Gen. Ghulam Sakhi Rooghlawanay says a suicide bomber on foot detonated his explosives as the governor was on his way to visit the hospital.
Taliban and other insurgents have stepped up attacks targeting Afghan officials in a bid to undermine confidence in President Hamid Karzai`s government as US and other foreign combat forces prepare to withdraw by the end of 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1
- Japan keen to invest in India’s infrastructure growth story: Finance Minister
- People have figured out: Liam Hemsworth on reunion with Miley
- Afghan govt seeks extension for refugees to stay in Pakistan
- Asus Zenfone 3 series to be launched in India today