Doctor killed in bombing targeting Afghan governor
Kabul: Officials say a suicide bomber has targeted a provincial governor`s convoy near a hospital in southern Afghanistan.
They say the governor, Mohammad Ashraf Nasery, escaped yesterday`s attack in Zabul province. But a doctor has been killed and three bodyguards were wounded.
Provincial police chief Gen. Ghulam Sakhi Rooghlawanay says a suicide bomber on foot detonated his explosives as the governor was on his way to visit the hospital.
Taliban and other insurgents have stepped up attacks targeting Afghan officials in a bid to undermine confidence in President Hamid Karzai`s government as US and other foreign combat forces prepare to withdraw by the end of 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble