Documents on Musharraf`s 2007 Emergency presented in court
Islamabad: The original documents of the 2007 imposition of Emergency were presented in the special court hearing the treason case against former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf, media reported Thursday.
During proceedings of the case, witnesses appeared on behalf of the prosecution, Geo News reported.
Kaleem Shehzad, section officer in the Cabinet Division, recorded Musharraf`s statement in court and was cross-examined by his lawyers. The original documents pertaining to the 2007 Emergency were presented by Shehzad.
The former president is being tried for treason for subverting and circumventing the constitution when he imposed Emergency Nov 3, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM