Don’t apply for jobs in security forces, warn Pak Taliban
Islamabad: A Taliban faction in the lawless North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan has warned people not to apply for jobs in the security forces, tribesmen said.
Tribesmen, who had seen a pamphlet distributed yesterday by the Taliban group led by commander Hafiz Gul Bahadur, said the militants described a reported recruitment drive by security forces in the region as a "conspiracy".
The pamphlet said people would be responsible for the consequences if they applied for jobs in the security forces. Tribesmen said the government had plans to recruit residents of the region in the Army, paramilitary Frontier
Corps and the Levies force, a local militia.
"It is a conspiracy to pitch the people of North Waziristan against each other," said the pamphlet in Urdu distributed by the `Shura-e-Mujahideen North Waziristan`.
"Those who took part in the recruitment for the Army, Frontier Corps or Levies will violate instructions from the amir (chief) of the mujahideen," the pamphlet warned.
The pamphlet also asked tribesmen from North Waziristan working in the security forces to quit their jobs. "The Taliban will not accept complaints from elders if the violators are arrested and punished... We ask the people to earn what is permissible in Islam," the pamphlet said.
A tribal elder, who did not want to be identified because of possible Taliban threats, told The Frontier Post newspaper that the militants were depriving the people of North Waziristan of jobs.
In a separate development, the Taliban have arrested some robbers who recently looted the salary of government employees in North Waziristan.
A Taliban leader told journalists in Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan, that the robbers would be punished according to Islamic laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video