Don`t leave any paper trail: Pak Taliban to Shahzad
Washington: Pakistani-American terror suspect Faisal Shahzad, arrested for the Times Square bombing plot, had been instructed by the Pakistani Taliban to always pay cash and not to leave a "paper trail" in transactions, a media report said on Monday.
"He was told to be very careful about not letting anything track back to him. No receipts and no paper. No nothing," an official source close to the investigation was quoted as saying by the Los Angeles Times.
The Pakistani Taliban had instructed Shahzad to always pay cash and never ask for or receive receipts for his transactions. "He was told to leave no paper trail at all," it ssaid.
The paper said Shahzad had paid in cash for his gun, as also for the van he bought from a Connecticut-based teenager.
The investigators probing the plot are trying to determine how much Taliban money was provided to front the operation, who put up the funds and how it was paid out to Shahzad, the report said.
Another report in the same paper has said that Shahzad, a naturalised citizen of the United States, might have been disturbed by increasing US drone attacks in Pakistan`s tribal belt.
Agents interviewing the 30-year-old have learned that he was upset over repeated CIA drone attacks on militants in his the country of his birth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!