‘Doors for talks with Taliban closed after Lower Dir suicide attack’
Islamabad: Denouncing the Taliban for Wednesday’s suicide attack in Lower Dir, in which three US soldiers were killed along with nine others, including four girl students, a senior North West Frontier Province (NWFP) has said that doors for peace talks with the banned extremists group has been closed following the attack.
“The doors of negotiation have closed for the Taliban and there will be no talks with them as they are still killing innocent people,” Bashir Ahmad Bilour said.
Addressing a press conference after visiting those injured in the attack, Bilour admitted the presence of controversial US private security firm, Blackwater, in the region.
The senior Awami National Party (ANP) leader said that Blackwater personnel were present in NWFP to provide security to US officials.
“Yes, Blackwater is responsible for providing security to the international non-governmental organisations and the US embassy staff in the province,” The News quoted Bilour, as saying.
Bilour, however, condemned the US drone strikes in the tribal areas and termed the attacks as a blatant violation of the country’s sovereignty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof