Dr Afridi not safe in Peshawar jail: Pak minister
Islamabad: A Pakistani minister has said that Dr Shakil Afridi, who helped the US locate Osama bin Laden, is not safe in Peshawar jail.
Minister for Information Iftikhar Hussain once again urged the government to shift detained Dr Afridi to any other province.
Hussain said that the government should shift its prisoner from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa as Bannu jail-like attacks could occur in other jails of the province, the Daily Times reports.
He said that there was a serious threat of attack on Peshawar jail due to Dr Afridi’s incarceration there.
Hussain also expressed grave concern over terrorist attacks on security forces from Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Govt invites public comments on changing financial year
- Top Chinese general held in China's anti-graft campaign?
- Good news for home buyers! DDA Housing Scheme 2016 likely to be launched around Diwali
- Beware! No more selfie on board, DGCA taking cognizance
- Turkey PM vows retaliation after 'vile' Cizre attack