Dr Afridi not safe in Peshawar jail: Pak minister
Islamabad: A Pakistani minister has said that Dr Shakil Afridi, who helped the US locate Osama bin Laden, is not safe in Peshawar jail.
Minister for Information Iftikhar Hussain once again urged the government to shift detained Dr Afridi to any other province.
Hussain said that the government should shift its prisoner from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa as Bannu jail-like attacks could occur in other jails of the province, the Daily Times reports.
He said that there was a serious threat of attack on Peshawar jail due to Dr Afridi’s incarceration there.
Hussain also expressed grave concern over terrorist attacks on security forces from Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh