Dr Afridi not safe in Peshawar jail: Pak minister
Islamabad: A Pakistani minister has said that Dr Shakil Afridi, who helped the US locate Osama bin Laden, is not safe in Peshawar jail.
Minister for Information Iftikhar Hussain once again urged the government to shift detained Dr Afridi to any other province.
Hussain said that the government should shift its prisoner from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa as Bannu jail-like attacks could occur in other jails of the province, the Daily Times reports.
He said that there was a serious threat of attack on Peshawar jail due to Dr Afridi’s incarceration there.
Hussain also expressed grave concern over terrorist attacks on security forces from Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog