Dr Afridi not safe in Peshawar jail: Pak minister
Islamabad: A Pakistani minister has said that Dr Shakil Afridi, who helped the US locate Osama bin Laden, is not safe in Peshawar jail.
Minister for Information Iftikhar Hussain once again urged the government to shift detained Dr Afridi to any other province.
Hussain said that the government should shift its prisoner from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa as Bannu jail-like attacks could occur in other jails of the province, the Daily Times reports.
He said that there was a serious threat of attack on Peshawar jail due to Dr Afridi’s incarceration there.
Hussain also expressed grave concern over terrorist attacks on security forces from Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman