Driver of NATO oil tanker killed in Pakistan
Islamabad: Unidentified armed men attacked
and killed the driver of a tanker carrying oil for NATO forces
in Afghanistan on Saturday, police in Pakistan`s southwest said.
The tanker came under attack in Mastung district of
Balochistan province. The driver died at the scene, witnesses
The tanker, coming from Karachi to Quetta, the
provincial capital, was also burnt. The attackers managed to
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The law enforcement personnel rushed to the site and
launched a search operation in the area.
In Pakistan`s northwest, Taliban militants are usually
blamed for such attacks, but in the southwest such attacks are
Officials say that nearly 70 per cent of the goods are
transported for around 160,000 NATO forces through Pakistan.
The US has already struck a deal with Russia for an
alternate supply route because of the threats the NATO supply
trucks are facing in Pakistan.
American media reported this week that the US also
fears blockade of supplies to NATO forces and that is why it
is going for alternate routes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof