Driver of NATO oil tanker killed in Pakistan
Islamabad: Unidentified armed men attacked
and killed the driver of a tanker carrying oil for NATO forces
in Afghanistan on Saturday, police in Pakistan`s southwest said.
The tanker came under attack in Mastung district of
Balochistan province. The driver died at the scene, witnesses
The tanker, coming from Karachi to Quetta, the
provincial capital, was also burnt. The attackers managed to
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The law enforcement personnel rushed to the site and
launched a search operation in the area.
In Pakistan`s northwest, Taliban militants are usually
blamed for such attacks, but in the southwest such attacks are
Officials say that nearly 70 per cent of the goods are
transported for around 160,000 NATO forces through Pakistan.
The US has already struck a deal with Russia for an
alternate supply route because of the threats the NATO supply
trucks are facing in Pakistan.
American media reported this week that the US also
fears blockade of supplies to NATO forces and that is why it
is going for alternate routes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why