Driver of NATO oil tanker killed in Pakistan
Islamabad: Unidentified armed men attacked
and killed the driver of a tanker carrying oil for NATO forces
in Afghanistan on Saturday, police in Pakistan`s southwest said.
The tanker came under attack in Mastung district of
Balochistan province. The driver died at the scene, witnesses
The tanker, coming from Karachi to Quetta, the
provincial capital, was also burnt. The attackers managed to
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The law enforcement personnel rushed to the site and
launched a search operation in the area.
In Pakistan`s northwest, Taliban militants are usually
blamed for such attacks, but in the southwest such attacks are
Officials say that nearly 70 per cent of the goods are
transported for around 160,000 NATO forces through Pakistan.
The US has already struck a deal with Russia for an
alternate supply route because of the threats the NATO supply
trucks are facing in Pakistan.
American media reported this week that the US also
fears blockade of supplies to NATO forces and that is why it
is going for alternate routes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi