Drone strikes to continue in Pakistan: US envoy
Lahore: US Ambassador to Pakistan, Richard Olson, has said drone strikes in Pakistan would continue until terror havens in the tribal areas of the country are eliminated.
Olson added that the US respects Pakistan`s integrity and will not leave Pakistan alone, reports The Nation.
Olson also stressed the need for easing Pakistan-India border tension through talks.
He said the US had been helping Pakistan overcome energy crisis plaguing the country. He added that under the Coalition Support Fund, USD 1.8 billion were given to Pakistan while the US would continue imparting military training and modern equipment to Islamabad.
Pakistan`s relations with the US have improved over the months, Olson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'