Drone strikes to continue in Pakistan: US envoy
Lahore: US Ambassador to Pakistan, Richard Olson, has said drone strikes in Pakistan would continue until terror havens in the tribal areas of the country are eliminated.
Olson added that the US respects Pakistan`s integrity and will not leave Pakistan alone, reports The Nation.
Olson also stressed the need for easing Pakistan-India border tension through talks.
He said the US had been helping Pakistan overcome energy crisis plaguing the country. He added that under the Coalition Support Fund, USD 1.8 billion were given to Pakistan while the US would continue imparting military training and modern equipment to Islamabad.
Pakistan`s relations with the US have improved over the months, Olson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah