Drone strikes to continue in Pakistan: US envoy
Lahore: US Ambassador to Pakistan, Richard Olson, has said drone strikes in Pakistan would continue until terror havens in the tribal areas of the country are eliminated.
Olson added that the US respects Pakistan`s integrity and will not leave Pakistan alone, reports The Nation.
Olson also stressed the need for easing Pakistan-India border tension through talks.
He said the US had been helping Pakistan overcome energy crisis plaguing the country. He added that under the Coalition Support Fund, USD 1.8 billion were given to Pakistan while the US would continue imparting military training and modern equipment to Islamabad.
Pakistan`s relations with the US have improved over the months, Olson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate