Earthquake hits Hindu Kush region in Afghanistan
Hong Kong: A moderate intensity earthquake of magnitude 5.4 on the Richter scale rocked the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan on Thursday, as per the US Geological Survey.
Epicentre of quake was located at coordinates of 36.47 degrees North, 71.12 degrees East and a depth of 233.70 km in Afghan mountains in Hindu Kush region, Indian Meteorological Department reported.
The quake lingered on for 10 seconds, sending tremors as far as Kabul and northwestern Pakistan.
Tremors were also felt in Kashmir Valley, where people rushed out of their homes in panic though no damage has yet been reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan