Earthquake hits Hindu Kush region in Afghanistan
Hong Kong: A moderate intensity earthquake of magnitude 5.4 on the Richter scale rocked the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan on Thursday, as per the US Geological Survey.
Epicentre of quake was located at coordinates of 36.47 degrees North, 71.12 degrees East and a depth of 233.70 km in Afghan mountains in Hindu Kush region, Indian Meteorological Department reported.
The quake lingered on for 10 seconds, sending tremors as far as Kabul and northwestern Pakistan.
Tremors were also felt in Kashmir Valley, where people rushed out of their homes in panic though no damage has yet been reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!