Earthquake hits Hindu Kush region in Afghanistan
Hong Kong: A moderate intensity earthquake of magnitude 5.4 on the Richter scale rocked the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan on Thursday, as per the US Geological Survey.
Epicentre of quake was located at coordinates of 36.47 degrees North, 71.12 degrees East and a depth of 233.70 km in Afghan mountains in Hindu Kush region, Indian Meteorological Department reported.
The quake lingered on for 10 seconds, sending tremors as far as Kabul and northwestern Pakistan.
Tremors were also felt in Kashmir Valley, where people rushed out of their homes in panic though no damage has yet been reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon