Earthquake hits Hindu Kush region in Afghanistan
Hong Kong: A moderate intensity earthquake of magnitude 5.4 on the Richter scale rocked the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan on Thursday, as per the US Geological Survey.
Epicentre of quake was located at coordinates of 36.47 degrees North, 71.12 degrees East and a depth of 233.70 km in Afghan mountains in Hindu Kush region, Indian Meteorological Department reported.
The quake lingered on for 10 seconds, sending tremors as far as Kabul and northwestern Pakistan.
Tremors were also felt in Kashmir Valley, where people rushed out of their homes in panic though no damage has yet been reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- LeEco Le Max 2: Aiming to outshine rivals with powerful hardware, CDLA technology
- WATCH: How Lionel Messi missed crucial penalty kick in Copa America final against Chile
- When Varun Dhawan, John Abraham came to Jacqueline Fernandez's rescue—Full story inside
- Congress stalwart Sheila Dikhsit refuses to become CM face for 2017 UP elections
- Modi govt shortlists 4 candidates to succeed Raghuram Rajan as RBI Governor