EC to decide on Pakistan Peoples Party`s election symbol
Islamabad: Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), having completed its five-year term in power recently, seemed to be facing a tussle over its election symbol and ownership, as the country`s Election Commission was to take a decision over it Monday.
The need for a reconsideration by the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) arose after ousted former party member Naheed Khan, Ghinwa Bhutto, sister-in-law of the late Benazir Bhutto, and Senator Jehangir Badar sought PPP`s registration in their names.
The ECP would take decision about allotment of "arrow" as election symbol and ownership of the Pakistan People Party Monday, Geo News reported Monday.
The Election Commission had postponed its decision for allotment of arrow as election symbol to the Pakistan Peoples Party after Khan had also sought the same symbol and Badar had sought time to produce some documents in the ECP.
In November 2012, Khan, a critic of President Asif Ali Zardari`s way of handling the PPP, as the the party chief, was suspended from party membership because of her frequent criticism of the leadership.
In December 2012, led by Khan and her spouse Safdar Abbasi, a number of estranged PPP workers had announced to launch a movement to liberate the party from "a dictator" who had no regard for the legacy and philosophy of the party founders.
Declaring a rebellion against Zardari`s then leadership of the PPP, they expressed confidence in the leadership of Khan, a long time close aide of Benazir Bhutto, former Pakistan prime minister and PPP chief who was assassinated in a bomb attack in December 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened