ECP declares Imran Khan`s PTI, MQM ineligible for Pak polls
Islamabad: The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) and Muttahaida Quami Movement (MQM) will not be able to contest upcoming general elections as they were reportedly declared ineligible by the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP).
ECP recently declared a list of 123 political parties that are qualified to take part in the upcoming elections. However, name of both the parties were not mentioned in the list.
The ECP cited failure to provide details of party`s assets since 2010 by MQM and failure to complete party elections as the reason behind declaring PTI ineligible, as per Pakistan`s The News Tribe report.
Both MQM and PTI have refuted the reasons cited by the ECP.
While MQM claims that all the relevant documents with details of the party`s assets have been submitted, PTI has stated that its party elections will soon be concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof