Education is now compulsory for Pak children
Islamabad: Pakistan has made education free and compulsory for children aged between five and 16.
Pakistan`s National Assembly Tuesday unanimously passed the right to free and compulsory education bill 2012. The bill was already passed by the Senate, Geo TV reported.
The bill also provides for 10 percent reserved seats for poor children in all private educational institutions. Law breakers will pay fine up to Rs.50,000 or six months jail.
Religious Affairs Minister Syed Khurshid Shah said free and compulsory education for children is the top priority of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!