Eid-ul-Zuha celebrated across Pakistan
Islamabad: Eid-ul-Zuha was celebrated across Pakistan on Saturday with religious zeal and fervour in commemoration of the supreme sacrifice offered by Hazrat Ibrahim Khalilullah and his son Hazrat Ismail Zabiullah in fulfilment of a divine order.
Eid prayers were offered at Eidgahs, principal mosques and open places across the country where the Ulema and Khateebs highlighted the significance and philosophy of the sacrifice and called upon Muslims to follow the teachings of Islam in true spirit, Geo TV reported.
Special prayers were offered on the occasion for the integrity, solidarity and prosperity of the country and unity among the Muslim Ummah. Prayers will also be offered for the liberation of occupied Muslim territories, including Palestine, as also for peace in Afghanistan and Iraq.
In the twin cities Rawalpindi and Islamabad, Eid congregations were held at over 600 places. In the federal capital, the main Eid congregation was held at the Faisal Mosque.
After the Eid prayer, the faithful sacrificed animals in pursuance of the Sunnat-e-Ibrahimi.
In Waziristan, where the security forces are engaged in a major offensive against the Taliban, school students from neighbouring Peshawar celebrated Eid with soldiers of the Pakistan Army, giving them gifts.
The school students reached the town of Razmak to deliver their Eid wishes to the soldiers participating in Operation Rah-e-Nijat to boost their morale.
The students also visited the Makeen area of North Waziristan.
On their part, the soldiers also delivered their Eid wishes to the nation and to their families.
Stringent security arrangements were made throughout the country to ensure security.
In Karachi, some 12,000 policemen were deployed in the volatile southern port city to maintain law and order.
In accordance with the Eid security plan drawn up by the Sindh police on the directives of provincial Home Minister Zulfiqar Mirza, the station house officers of all police stations in the city have been asked to remain in constant touch with the administrators of mosques, imambarhas, shopping centres and animal markets.
Everyone entering and leaving the city was thoroughly checked, for which additional force was deployed at police pickets and for patrolling.
Special control rooms set up in the entire city would remain fully operational 24 hours a day to meet any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic