Eight killed in Afghan roadside bombing
Kabul: At least eight civilians were killed Sunday when a bus was hit by a roadside bomb in Afghanistan`s Kandhar province, Xinhua reported.
"The minibus was travelling from neighbouring Helmand province to Kandahar early Sunday morning. But the ill-fated bus touched off a roadside bomb, killing all eight civilians aboard on the spot," said a security official.
The official blamed Taliban militants for planting the bomb in the province, 450 km from Kabul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today