Eight killed in Pakistan suicide bombing
Islamabad: At least eight people were killed and nine others injured when a suicide bomber attacked a vehicle carrying pro-government tribal leaders in Pakistan`s northwestern tribal region, media reports said.
The explosion took place around 4.15 p.m. in Hangu district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, Xinhua reported citing Urdu TV Channel Dunya.
The blast occurred when a vehicle carrying the brother and companions of pro-government local tribal elder Malik Habib was passing through Torawari area of Doaba town.
Witnesses said the suicide bomber rammed his explosives-laden motorcycle into the vehicle, near a taxi stand. The vehicle was destroyed in the attack. The explosion also damaged nearby shops and cars.
No one has claimed responsibility for the bombing. While six people died on the spot, two of the injured died at a hospital.
President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif condemned the attack and directed officials to provide the best treatment to the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Mahindra makes history with maiden win in Moto3 class
- Yemen clashes intensify as Ban Ki-moon pushes peace
- France beat Ireland 2-1 to reach Euro 2016 quarter-finals
- SUV chases Gujarat Oppn leader Shankersinh Vaghela's vehicle, nearly hits it
- Srinagar records season's hottest day, heat wave on in Jammu