Eight killed in stampede at Pakistan shrine
Islamabad: At least eight people were killed Monday in a stampede at a dargah in Pakistan`s Sindh province, a media report said.
The stampede at the Pir Jo Goth near Khairpur took place after the "Pir of Pagara", Sibghatullah Shah Rashdi, appeared in public at the dargah, Geo News reported.
The head of the shrine`s administration said the incident took place when thousands of Hurs, the followers of the Pir of Pagara, were leaving the dargah.
"It was too hot and humid, suffocation led to most of the deaths after the sudden stampede. Some received serious injuries after they were trampled by the crowd," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'