Eight killed in stampede at Pakistan shrine
Islamabad: At least eight people were killed Monday in a stampede at a dargah in Pakistan`s Sindh province, a media report said.
The stampede at the Pir Jo Goth near Khairpur took place after the "Pir of Pagara", Sibghatullah Shah Rashdi, appeared in public at the dargah, Geo News reported.
The head of the shrine`s administration said the incident took place when thousands of Hurs, the followers of the Pir of Pagara, were leaving the dargah.
"It was too hot and humid, suffocation led to most of the deaths after the sudden stampede. Some received serious injuries after they were trampled by the crowd," the official said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note