Eight killed in stampede at Pakistan shrine
Islamabad: At least eight people were killed Monday in a stampede at a dargah in Pakistan`s Sindh province, a media report said.
The stampede at the Pir Jo Goth near Khairpur took place after the "Pir of Pagara", Sibghatullah Shah Rashdi, appeared in public at the dargah, Geo News reported.
The head of the shrine`s administration said the incident took place when thousands of Hurs, the followers of the Pir of Pagara, were leaving the dargah.
"It was too hot and humid, suffocation led to most of the deaths after the sudden stampede. Some received serious injuries after they were trampled by the crowd," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred