Eight killed in stampede at Pakistan shrine
Islamabad: At least eight people were killed Monday in a stampede at a dargah in Pakistan`s Sindh province, a media report said.
The stampede at the Pir Jo Goth near Khairpur took place after the "Pir of Pagara", Sibghatullah Shah Rashdi, appeared in public at the dargah, Geo News reported.
The head of the shrine`s administration said the incident took place when thousands of Hurs, the followers of the Pir of Pagara, were leaving the dargah.
"It was too hot and humid, suffocation led to most of the deaths after the sudden stampede. Some received serious injuries after they were trampled by the crowd," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days