Eight killed in stampede at Pakistan shrine
Islamabad: At least eight people were killed Monday in a stampede at a dargah in Pakistan`s Sindh province, a media report said.
The stampede at the Pir Jo Goth near Khairpur took place after the "Pir of Pagara", Sibghatullah Shah Rashdi, appeared in public at the dargah, Geo News reported.
The head of the shrine`s administration said the incident took place when thousands of Hurs, the followers of the Pir of Pagara, were leaving the dargah.
"It was too hot and humid, suffocation led to most of the deaths after the sudden stampede. Some received serious injuries after they were trampled by the crowd," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31